Gaining a motorsport qualification will always entail some hard work, but we try and make studying with the NMA as simple as possible.
Whether you are a qualified mechanic or have been playing in the pits since you were a child, entry onto our courses can help you to further your learning in one of the most dynamic and exciting industries in the world.
Getting on a course is quite straight-forward but we’ve asked our admissions team to compile a list of some of the most common questions they are asked during the applications process.
Fees & Funding
Am I Eligible to Apply?
NMA Course Details
- You will be allocated a personal tutor, but at times all of our tutors will be able to support you. We are open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm (UK time) and available via telephone, email and skype sessions (no charge). On-site or off-site 1-2-1s (no charge) can also be pre-arranged.
- Our courses are studied by students all over the world. This, of course, means many different time zones and requests for advice or guidance can be submitted/received at any time. We endeavour to respond to students as soon as possible.
- We have our own student support team, who have been trained and have relevant experience and qualifications to offer specific support in confidence, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We also have a close working relationship with external bodies enabling us to provide enhanced industry support.
- We can be contacted as above but also out of hours by email on email@example.com and telephone +44 (0)1159 123412 x235 where you can leave a message.
- Because this is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), we also have a VLS Student Community which is an online forum exclusively for students and we would encourage all students to utilise this so that they can share information and gain support from others studying, not only on your course, but those studying at a higher level. As we have students in over 75 countries, no matter where you are or the time difference, there will always be students interacting and sharing ideas. The VLS Community bridges the gap between online and on-campus study, so you can share work, interact with your peers and discuss your assignments with like-minded students.
- BSc (Hons) Degree: The course is studied part time, online & has been designed to be as flexible as possible to fit around your own schedule. Whilst the majority of NMA students will achieve their BSc (Hons) Degree online in just 3 years, others may take a little longer and a few may need the maximum study time of 7 years.
- Top Up: For those who have already completed and automotive or Motorsport course at Foundation or HND level, our top-up course can be a great way to achieve a full BSc (Hons) in Motorsport Engineering. We find most students complete the course within 15-18 months whilst others may take up to the maximum study time of 3 years.
- MSc Degree: The course module content will last 480 days in total so students could complete the degree in as little as 15 months, however with holidays and rest periods we anticipate that the average time for completion would be 18 months with some taking up to the maximum study time of 5 years.
About Our Courses
We offer individual modules as bite-sized Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses. If you’d like to know more about the ones which are relevant to bikes, just drop us a line
When you study with the NMA, we are preparing you for a career in motorsport. After you graduate, there are a huge number of motorsport careers which allow you to specialise in a specific field or area of expertise. These include: race engineer, data acquisition technician, aerodynamicist, propulsion engineer, drive train engineer, chassis design engineer, or a member of a manufacturer design team.
We also offer advice and support after you graduate to help you to prepare your CV, build industry connections or even apply for motorsport jobs. Your tutors are also always available to offer advice and guidance if you have any questions about future opportunities once you’ve completed your course 😊
Once you graduate, you will find yourself on a path to one of the most exciting and fulfilling engineering careers, with opportunities to travel the world with some of the most famous names in motorsport. NMA currently has students working in Formula 1, The World Rally Championship and the World Endurance Championship!